Sunday, April 13, 2014

Palm Sunday

Some of this feels newer to me.  I don't remember ever walking into a church from another location as part of the Palm Sunday. It feels wrong to me.  After reading the above link I realized that it stems from ancient traditions. 


OK to be honest I don't care if it is old school or new school, I don't like it.  I hate how people act when trying to push each other over to get into church and get a seat before everyone else.  Maybe it is just because the church is so very very crowded in spite of all the work and renovations we did last year. 
They are now building another "gathering" center.  I miss the churches from up north.  Maybe I am too sentimental but don't feel at home in these over crowded - constantly building - never enough priest mega churches.  I suspect that is where we are headed. On the other hand, I am thankful that we are not becoming the empty churches of Europe. 
We always have a healthy amount of blessed palm.  My kids know the value of a blessed item so they pick up what others drop in the parking lot.  So many branches.  I hope I can find them all next Lent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. Thank you for stopping by.